Monday, July 8, 2019

Hebrew Transcription

Way back in May 2017, in one of the Daily Dose of Greek videos, Dr. Plummer gave some suggestions for a "Summer Greek Challenge."  One of them was to copy out the week-daily verses by hand.  I've been doing this since 15 May 2017, and I'm pretty sure it has helpt in my comprehension.

So when I heard that the Daily Dose of Hebrew was going to start a new book, I decided to do the same thing with Hebrew that I've been doing with Greek.  Here's my laboriously copied Deuteronomy 1:1:


Even just in copying out this one verse from Deuteronomy, I found that I was more engaged with the text.  My letters are awkward and stilted, but I'm sure that the longer I continue copying out verses, the better I'll get at it.  That was my experience with Greek.  Here are the first few verses I copied:


And here are some verses I copied out last month: